Followers

Friday, February 15, 2013

Educational Leadership in Technology


This class has been a huge learning experience when it comes to graphics and how to use them effectively. I had never heard of the CRAP principles of design, but now contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity are things I pay attention to.

Since this is the fourth technology class in my program I feel like I had a leg up on some when it came to using Googledocs to collaborate and divide the assignment so that each student felt like it was fair. I know some are not as far along in the program and were a little lost when it came to certain areas such as embedding the things on our Googlesite and doing the creative commons. Having the knowledge made me an asset to the team.

I was most intrigued learning about the Blooms Digital Taxonomy standards. “There is a clear disconnect between the media students are accustomed to using outside the classroom and the media they predominantly use within the classroom” (Multimedia Applications for the Classroom, 2009).
I learned about the original Blooms chart when I first started college classes about teaching. When I started to work the school used the chart provided in the article, Blooms Taxonomy Blooms Digitally.
Then when I saw the chart with the verbs and saw that the “ Key to this is the use of verbs rather than nouns for each of the categories and a rearrangement of the sequence within the taxonomy” (Churches, 2007). Now moving onto the digital Blooms chart makes it more relevant to what teachers are charged with teaching in their classrooms today. It leaves me questioning why my school has not shifted to this chart? I plan on sharing this with my admin team so that students are met in their learning spaces. “Technology is their native language and they expect to use technology in school” (Understanding Multimedia Learning: Integrating Multimedia in the K-12 Classroom, 2008).

As most of us probably are in this online program, I learn at my own pace and am very effective in that. Time management is usually on my side, and I like to set plans in motion so others are on my page. I took the lead for the group by laying out the plan in Googledocs and assigning everyone’s roles and letting them know when each section was due. I feel like I contributed to this group a great deal by getting things rolling.



















    Citations

    Churches, A. (2007, April). Bloom's digital taxonomy.

    Multimedia Applications for the Classroom. (n.d.).
    Retrieved from:

    Understanding Multimedia Learning: Integrating Multimedia in the K-12 Classroom. (2008, September).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment